The AGSC is proud to partner with the Georgia Department of Education World Languages and Global Workforce Initiatives to:
- Provide Course Development grants
- Support professional development for K12 world language teachers
- Organize the K12 Workshops at the annual Atlanta Global Studies Symposium
- Support STARTALK for teacher certification in Less Commonly Taught Languages in Georgia
- Host International Skills Diploma Seal recognition ceremony for high school students
- Host Georgia's Seal of Biliteracy Awards Ceremony for high school students
- Participate in the Annual GA Dual Language Immersion Institute
- Participate in the GA Language Leadership Institute
- Establish communities of practice like the Arabic Teachers Council of the South and Luso-Brazilian Studies Working Group
We would also like to thank Mr. Patrick Wallace, Program Specialist for World Languages & Global Workforce Initiatives at the GA DDoED; and President Elect, National Council for State Supervisors of Foreign Languages for serving on the AGSC External Advisory Board and for his support!
Mr. Patrick Wallace recently published an article on "Building a Globally Competent and Competitive Workforce for Today’s and Tomorrow’s World" in the summer 2020 issue of the Language Educator by ACTFL (American Council for The Teaching of Foreign Languages), where he talked about our collaborative work together. For access information to the full article, click here.